Associated professor, PhD
Daria’s research interests focus on psychological mechanisms and factors of information acquisition. Her interests also relate to the studies of neurophysiological foundations of cognitive processes and the application of their results in learning (brain-based learning). Another research direction is the psychology of e-learning. Especially, the identification of features in cognitive processes functioning and information processing in digital environment.
In the Lab
Participation in the development of the research design; conducting experiments using tDCS and EEG; statistical data analysis and results interpretation.
- Kostromina S. N., Bordovskaya N. V., Iskra N. N., Chuvgunova O. A., Gnedykh D. S., Kurmakaeva D. M. Nejronauka, psihologiya i obrazovanie: problemy i perspektivy mezhdisciplinarnyh issledovanij [Neuroscience, psychology and education: problems and prospects for interdisciplinary studies]. Psihologicheskij zhurnal [Psychological journal]. – 2015. – Vol. 36(4), pp. 61-70.
- Kostromina S., Gnedykh D. (2016). Students’ psychological characteristics as factor of effective acquisition of visualization in e-learning. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol.217, pp.34 – 41.
- Kostromina S., Gnedykh D. (2016). Russian Experience in Application of Concept Maps in Education. Innovating with Concept Mapping, Volume 635 of the series Communications in Computer and Information Science, pp.159-168.
- Kostromina S., Gnedykh D., Molodtsova G. A Psycho-Pedagogical Model for Evaluating Effectiveness of Students’ Learning on the Basis of Electronic Visual Rows / Chapter in Optimizing Human-Computer Interaction With Emerging Technologies. USA, IGI Global, 2017. – pp.183-209.
- Kostromina, S. N., Gnedykh, D. S., & Ruschack, E. A. (2017). Russian university teachers’ ideas about pedagogic frailty. Knowledge Management & E-Learning, 9(3), pp.311–328.
- Kostromina S.N., Mkrtychian N.A., Kurmakaeva D.M., Gnedykh D.S. (2017). The interrelationship between cognitive control and academic success of first-year students: An interdisciplinary study. Psychology in Russia: State of the Art, 10 (4), pp.60-75.
- Blagovechtchenski, E., Gnedykh, D., Kurmakaeva, D., Mkrtychian, N., Kostromina, S., Shtyrov, Y. Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) of Wernicke’s and Broca’s Areas in Studies of Language Learning and Word Acquisition. J. Vis. Exp. (149), e59159, (2019). doi:10.3791/59159.
- Mkrtychian N., Blagovechtchenski E., Kurmakaeva D., Gnedykh D., Kostromina S. and Shtyrov Y. (2019). Concrete vs. Abstract Semantics: From Mental Representations to Functional Brain Mapping. Front. Hum. Neurosci. 13:267. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2019.002